IMPORTANT: S4S EXM is an upgrade from S4SLBPlus. The original naming (S4SLBPlus) may appear in the packages, development files, and namespaces.
S4S EXM pushes Sitecore email engagement analytics and response information to Salesforce. The module requires packages to be installed in Sitecore and Salesforce.
Sending the email response behavior to Salesforce works as follows:
- The push to Salesforce action is triggered by a Sitecore Scheduled Task. This can be configured to fire as often as required based on the:
- Needs of users for timely data.
- Number of available API calls (imposed by Salesforce).
- Length of time taken to update Salesforce (volume of data).
- Time when the website is processing lower traffic volumes.
- The Sitecore xDB interactions associated with emails are pushed to the "Sitecore Email Campaign Messages" related list in Salesforce lead and/or contact records.
- The Sitecore xDB interactions related to clickthroughs are pushed to the "Sitecore Analytics" related lists in Salesforce lead and/or contact records. Visibility of clickthrough behavior requires the S4S Analytics (Optional) package to be installed in Salesforce.
After the Sitecore EXM analytics have been pushed to Salesforce by the scheduled task, analytics will appear in two related lists belonging to the matching lead or contact records.
1. Sitecore Email Campaign Messages Section
This related list shows the names of Sitecore EXM campaigns that have been dispatched in Sitecore and pushed to Salesforce by the scheduled task.
Clicking the "Get Sitecore Email Campaign Analytics" button will tell Sitecore to execute the scheduled task immediately. Once the task has been completed, the data in Salesforce will be refreshed and new entries may appear in the list if a new Sitecore Campaign has been dispatched after the last scheduled task was run.
More detail about each campaign is revealed by clicking on the list link.
Note the following:
- This information is stored in Salesforce custom objects so Salesforce reports can be run against the data.
- If the recipient opts out of all campaigns, the standard Email Opt-In in the lead or contact record is unchecked.
2. Sitecore Visits Section
If you have installed the optional S4S Analytics package in Salesforce, the following related list will be visible in the lead or contact record, or both. The Sitecore Campaign column will show the name of the Sitecore campaign that caused the recipient to visit the website. If missing, the visitor arrived by other means. In the example below, on visit 20, the lead (or contact) reached the website by clicking on a link in an email that was sent via the Houston Symposium XX campaign. The column, therefore, shows any click-throughs or First Click Email Links as seen in the image above.
After sending a Sitecore EXM email campaign, there are three ways to push EXM analytics to Salesforce using S4S EXM.
- By running the S4S EXM scheduler task. By default, this scheduler run time has been set to 8 hours. You can change the scheduler run time by changing the agent called S4SLBPlusScheduler in \App_Config\Modules\S4S\S4SEXM.config. The S4S EXM scheduler task will go through all the Sitecore EXM interactions since the last scheduler run time and push EXM analytics to relevant Salesforce Org and Entity. After the S4S EXM scheduler runs, it updates the “S4SEXM - Last run time of scheduled task” item in the content tree path /sitecore/system/Modules/S4S/Scheduled Tasks. See the figure below.
- Run the Sitecore EXM interaction Sync to Salesforce explicitly from S4S EXM dashboard. It does the same thing as running the scheduled task.
- Get Sitecore EXM analytics for individual Salesforce contact or lead records. You can get Sitecore EXM analytics into the individual Salesforce contact or lead by clicking Get Sitecore Email Campaign Analytics in Salesforce. You can find more information about how to configure and set up this on the installation page.
For Sitecore 9.1 up to Sitecore 9.2
Use the following version of the S4S EXM package - S4S EXM-1.3
IMPORTANT: S4S EXM picks up Sitecore EXM interactions which related to following types of Sitecore contacts;
- Sitecore contacts imported from S4SLB.
- Sitecore contacts created when submitting a form with "S4S Generic Save Action" submit action (these types of Sitecore contacts have Salesforce entity id and Salesforce org Id saved in the S4SInfo facet)
- Sitecore contacts where the email address matches the Salesforce entities (Contact or Lead) email address.
For Sitecore 9.3 and above
Use the following or above versions of the S4S EXM package - S4S EXM-1.930.20241.4
IMPORTANT: S4S EXM picks up Sitecore EXM interactions which are related to following types of Sitecore contacts;
- Sitecore contacts imported from S4SLB.
- Sitecore contacts created when submitting a form with the "S4S Generic Save Action" submit action (these types of Sitecore contacts have S4SInfo facet's 'SalesforceEntityIdDictionary' field filled with Salesforce entity id and org id)
S4S EXM Installation