S4S EXM pushes Sitecore email engagement analytics and response information to Salesforce. The module requires packages to be installed in Sitecore and Salesforce.
IMPORTANT: S4S EXM requires S4S List Builder (Optional) to import Salesforce reports and campaigns into Sitecore Contact Lists. These are the email recipient lists used by Sitecore EXM.
Sending the email response behavior to Salesforce works as follows:
- The push to Salesforce action is triggered by a Sitecore Scheduled Task. This can be configured to fire as often as required based on:
- the needs of the users for timely data.
- the number of available API calls (imposed by Salesforce).
- the length of time taken to update Salesforce (volume of data).
- the times when the website is processing lower traffic volumes.
- The Sitecore xDB interactions associated with emails are pushed to the "Sitecore Email Campaign Messages" related list in Salesforce lead and/or contact records.
- The Sitecore xDB interactions related to clickthroughs are pushed to the "Sitecore Analytics" related lists in Salesforce lead and/or contact records. Visibility of clickthrough behavior requires the S4S Analytics (Optional) package to be installed in Salesforce.
To use S4S EXM, you require the following:
- Sitecore version greater or equal to Sitecore 8.2.
- Sitecore Email Experience Manager (EXM) version greater or equal to 3.4.
- S4S version with changeset cs29282 or later e.g. S4S Release 1.81.17031.1 or 1.82.16343. This equates to 31 January 2017 or later.
- S4S List Builder is not required but is ideal for importing Salesforce reports and campaign member lists to Sitecore.
The following outlines the entire process of sending mass emails:
1. Create a Salesforce Report or Campaign
This is the marketing list containing the required email recipients.
2. Import the Campaign Members into Sitecore
Use S4S List Builder (Optional) to create a new Contact List in Sitecore.
3. Dispatch the Emails with Sitecore EXM
Create a new Sitecore EXM campaign, attach the Sitecore Contact List and dispatch the emails to the recipients.
4. View the Recipient Behavior in Salesforce
S4S EXM transparently pushes the recipient behavior to all Salesforce lead and contact records on a regular basis. The up-to-the-minute behavior of an individual can also be requested from the Salesforce lead or contact record.