The audience for this document is developers and implementers with experience in installing and configuring the appropriate Sitecore and Salesforce areas.
IMPORTANT: This information assumes that you have experience in managing the technology.
This wiki describes the FuseIT S4S WFFM Mapping Package and associated S4S Push Visitor functionality. It does not provide detailed information on Salesforce/Sitecore set-up and configuration.
- Sitecore Web Forms for Marketers 2.3 or greater
- Sitecore DMS 2.0.1 rev.121009 or greater
IMPORTANT: Changes in Salesforce are only required if you want to push Sitecore Analytics to Salesforce (with Push Visitor functionality).
S4S Web Forms for Marketers Mapping Package
Use the S4S Web Forms for Marketers functionality to push Sitecore WFFM form data to Salesforce leads, contacts or other objects. The functionality includes the S4S Mapping Wizard to map Sitecore WFFM forms to Salesforce objects and fields. The process to achieve this is:
- Use standard Sitecore Web Forms for Marketers functionality to create a web form with form fields that match the equivalent fields in the Salesforce object.
- Choose an S4S Save Action for the WFFM form - see Save Actions below.
- Click on the Sitecore Start button and select the S4S Mapping selection. Choose the WFFM created in the previous step.
- Select the Salesforce object and map the individual WFFM fields to the object fields.
This functionality is included in the standard connector.
The installed Save Actions are:
- S4S Generic Mapping: This Save Action maps WFFM fields to any object in Salesforce. For Salesforce lead or contact objects you can use the wizard to automatically add the visitor to a Salesforce campaign. No S4S Salesforce packages are required for this functionality.
- S4S Push Visitor: This Save Action maps WFFM fields to Salesforce Contacts or Leads only. This action pushes the form data to Salesforce, and the Sitecore xDB data associated with the visitor's activities on the website. This requires several receiver fields in Salesforce that are installed with a Salesforce package.
- S4S Identify and Push Visitor: Similar to S4S Push Visitor, this Save Action uses the field data in the nominated identifier field with the Sitecore Identify() method to determine if the current visitor has visited previously on another device. The visitors Sitecore Contact record will then reference all the other devices (and cookies) used on previous visits. If the visitor is authenticating into Sitecore it is useful to add the Identify() method to the login control and nominate the username (or email address) as the identifier. This increases the chance that Sitecore will match previous visits and push the visit analytics to Salesforce.
IMPORTANT: Save Actions with “Push Visitor” in the action name require an Analytics Package to be installed in Salesforce. The package adds the required receiver fields to store the Sitecore analytics data.
IMPORTANT: If your website has multiple WFFM forms that require Push Visitor save actions, ensure all forms use the same save action e.g. all forms should use S4S Push Visitor save actions, or all forms should use S4S Identify and Push Visitor save actions.
In the Sitecore tree, Save Actions are installed at
/sitecore/system/Modules/Web Forms for Marketers/Settings/Actions/Save Actions
If one of these Save Actions is selected, the published WFFM form will appear in the S4S Mapping Wizard which is accessible from the Sitecore Start menu. Developers can build custom Save Actions to improve WFFM validation and functionality when connecting to Salesforce. See the dedicated section to learn more about the S4S Web Forms for Marketers functionality.
Sitecore Configuration for WFFM (Pre-Sitecore 9)